This morning, Emily emerged from the bedroom, sleepy-eyed, and noticed me cooking. After standing there for a moment she announced, “Mama, I need my cooking clothes.”
I reached into the pantry and helped her into an adorable little apron I gave her for Christmas.
First she asked for a marshmallow and a large bowl.
She stood there for a moment.
“Oh, I need my list.” She ran out of the kitchen and a few moments later came back with her ‘list’.
I asked her what her recipe was called. She said, “The rumor of yummy.”
What a lovely name!
For those who are interested, the rumor of yummy contains:
- 2 extra-large campfire marshmallows
- 2 tsp of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp of uncooked rice (good luck eating that, folks)
- 1/2 tsp rainbow sprinkles
- 6 tortilla chips (actually, tostada bites)
- 5 tsp of white sugar
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- splash of cream soda
After she pronounced it done, Emily got into it and took a big bite.
It was a great start to the day, especially in a week that hasn’t gone so well for us. You see, this is Day Three of Daddy being at full-time classes during the day. If all goes as planned, he will:
- spend this week in class
- spend week 2 studying and passing his Network+ class and sending out resumes
- spend week 3 & 4 in class for his CISCO training
- spend week 5 obtaining his certification and hopefully returning to full-time work
Day 1 & 2 were pretty hard for us. I’ve gotten used to Dave here in the house most days and able to help me with garden, household and kiddo. I keep wandering around a little lost, knowing I’ve got a crap ton to do and just not having the drive to do it. I woke up today hoping today would be different. And so far, it’s off to a great start.
Sometimes it is perfectly okay to let your child eat marshmallows and chocolate covered in soda in the morning. And when she was done?
She let Dixie wear the apron…